I didn't plan for this to be my next post--my next post was going to be a publicizable version of my list mentioned in the last post. However, this dream was just too weird not to share, so without further ado ...
I'm not sure where I began. I had Rapunzel hair (except it was still the same color--not blond), and there was a 3-year-old with me, and the 3-year-old was me. I was talking to my 3-year-old self, and she was getting frustrated because I wasn't taking her seriously.
Skip to the next scene. Someone had sent me to the grocery store to get a pumpkin because it was "Forest Day." When I walked into Winn-Dixie, which was nothing more than an indoor produce stand, the cashier cheerfully wished me a happy Forest Day. I was confused, but not worried about it enough to ask what exactly Forest Day is celebrating. I found a beautiful pumpkin, and when I was walking to the register, I realized the reason the pumpkin was so beautiful and perfect was because it wasn't a real pumpkin, but a ceramic candy dish. I bought it anyway, and left Winn-Dixie.
I was driving a big, giant pickup truck, and I was in downtown Fairhope. I saw some baby ducks in the road, but I figured they'd fly away before I reached them, even though they were really too young to fly. I couldn't reach the pedals in the truck because I had embodied my three-year-old self while driving. I eventually lowered myself down low enough to hit the brakes, but it was too late. I had run over two baby ducks.
Flash forward to the next scene. I'm not sure whether I'm three years old or twenty-six, but I'm in a tiny cargo plane with my parents, who are telling me all about the next time they'll go on vacation. My dad is at the wheel, and my mom is in the seat behind him. The airplane is stopped and there is grass outside the open door.
I kept trying to interject something, and no one would let me talk. I finally decided to give up and let them just keep talking, except I did throw a miniature fit (that only I noticed). I was going to tell my mom about how I had these new panties, and I had them folded in my hand. I decided to just toss the panties out the door of the plane, but when I did that, the panties fell and fell and fell. What I thought was grass was actually the tops of trees from miles and miles up off the ground. The distance was so great that really we probably would have needed oxygen masks and whatever other necessary gear in order to have the door open in a plane at that altitude.
My dad circled the plane around and my stomach dropped as I tried not to fall out of the open door. He looked at me knowingly, barrel-rolled the airplane, and the door slammed shut. If I wasn't so terrified, I would have mentioned that the view of the trees and mountains was really breathtaking. There was also a princess castle sticking up beyond everything, which is case for me being my three-year-old self during at least part of the airplane scene.
Queue alarm clock.
This is one loaded dream, chica, lol! However, after looking everything up I found some common themes: The unconscious, spiritual knowledge, expressing feelings, rising above, hidden attitudes/prejudices, worry, and the need to express all these things while having a sense of security.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you know what you want, and you can see it, but maybe you need to "let your hair down" (haha, see what I did there? lol) to reach those goals. Express yourself more often, don't bottle it up, and worry about things in general less. Your inner child reperesents an aspect of yourself that has forgotten how to play, but it also represents possibilities, and like I mentioned before, a need for security.
Sidenote: Airplanes can mean money is headed your way, as well as some things I've already mentioned, but I'd get a move on with my taxes if I were you, because there might be a pretty good return headed your way, lol.
Oh, and to anyone else reading this blog: I am not one of these new age type people that takes this stuff seriously. I just find it interesting from a psychology standpoint, and like to test my skills at it when Carrie's dreams allow the opportunity, lol.