Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Some Serious To-Do Lists

I’m writing this down as a part of a pre-plan.  I am SO bad with phases.  You can tell with this blog, even though I so don’t want it to be a phase.  I’m just going through a numb-time, if that makes any sense at all.  I’m not sure that it makes sense to me.  I’m pushing through.

There are things that I want to accomplish, but I don’t know what they are.  I keep thinking that I don’t want my life to just be another old life where nothing exceptional happens except for the regular exceptional things.  I guess that’s not fair.  My life is beautiful, but it could be so much more purposeful and meaningful if I could concentrate on something long enough to follow through with it. 

I sat and thought to myself why it is that I don’t do the things I want to do.  I’m not talking about the fact that my bathroom has needed cleaning for an amount of time I do not wish to disclose.  I’m talking about bigger things that I can’t quite put my finger on.  Things that require a great deal of time off of work, a lot of money probably, and plenty of creativity and bravery. 

I need to make a few lists, I guess.  The first list will be of all things, big and small, that I want with my life.  For starters, assume all things include Marcus, if not Marcus AND Seamus.  I am so much happier when he’s around. (Seamus, that is.  Marcus is a given.)

The second would be a list of obstacles in the way of list number one.  That’s the crappy list that is going to be VERY easy to make because it’s all I ever think about—reasons I can’t do the things I want to do. 

I’ll work on these lists and get back with you, because right now I’m late.  I’m always just a little bit late.  Sigh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment