Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Christmas Eve dream that has nothing to do with Christmas Eve

I know I said I wasn't planning on writing more til after Christmas, but I have a little bit of time (that I should be using to wrap and make cookies) and I wanted to share my dream.

I dreamed I was at my old high school and I was searching for my old friends.  I found a couple of them sitting in the courtyard, which was way smaller than it used to be when I was in school there.  They wanted to go to the auditorium for some sort of speech or assembly that was optional.  When I got there, I was late (I somehow got separated from my friends) and I walked across the top of a few refreshment tables and kicked over a bunch of things trying to get from the entrance of the auditorium to the exit.  Suddenly, I was MUCH taller than everyone else!  Freakishly so, like Alice.  I couldn't be small enough, and everyone was staring at me as if they were waiting for me to provide some explanation for my massive size.  I pretended they weren't looking and sat down in the aisle.

At some point in the dream, after the assembly and after I had returned to my natural size, my friends were asking for my email password so that they could email me (why they needed my password, who knows, but it made sense enough to my dream self), and I was signing it to them in American Sign Language alphabet.  They didn't understand and kept excitedly guessing the wrong letters, as if it were some mystery game.  I yelled at them because we had always signed to each other in high school to talk when we were told to be quiet.

Later, we all convened in some large room.  At first, I was talking to Keith Richards through a little ticket window, but he was also George Harrison (but mostly he was Keith Richards).  He was telling me how Mick always stole his girlfriends.  I told him that surely that wasn't true.  He started naming 60's and 70's supermodels that they had both dated, and I admitted he had a point.  Then, I told him that I was always more attracted to him than Mick, anyway (the Keith Richards that looks more like George Harrison, at least) and then, embarrassed, I slunk away.

My friends had doubled, tripled, quadrupled in numbers, and I didn't remember or know most of them in the first place.  Everyone was crowding around in a big circle to visit, which, even in a dream I thought was kind of weird.  They set up chairs in a big amoeba-shaped circle around an old bar.  I ended up sitting in between some of the folks I either didn't remember or didn't ever know, but I had a blast.

Then, in real life, Neville stood on my bladder and I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment