Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday: In which we got our new couch but I don't have much else to say.

(UPDATED with PICTURES!!)

We got our new couch and it’s beautiful! 

It’s surprisingly huge. I knew how long it was going to be (81”), and I knew that wasn’t going to be any bigger than our other couch, so I wasn’t prepared for how tall and cushy it would be.  When I sit on it, my feet don’t touch the floor!  Ha!  The back goes up high enough so that if I wanted to rest my head backwards, it would have a place to rest.  

It’s a perfect shade of grey/tan, and it makes our living room look zen and peaceful.  Also, the accompanying throw pillows have flowers on them that are the same shade of spring green as our “chandelier” (read: paper-lantern-looking, cloth, hanging light fixture), thus tying everything in and completing our massive home-makeover project.  C'est fin!  

(The only negative thing I can say is that the new guy has a pretty powerful new/synthetic smell to it.  I'm tempted to leave it outside to air out tonight, but then I wouldn't have anywhere warm and cozy to enjoy my breakfast in the morning.  Nothing is worse than a frost-covered sofa.  I suppose.)

That’s all for now.  Pictures to follow.  I am now going to attempt the maneuver of propping my Kindle so that I can keep my arms inside the covers and still read and pretend I’m not falling asleep.

Peace. ßSee? My living room made me say that.


Ta-da!!  Sorry it's so dark... it's a rainy day and when I put the flash on, it looked like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment