Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Something Between a PETA Rant and a Native American Connection?

Adios to the good friend who was killed 30 years ago today.  Exactly three years and five months before I was born.  Continue to rest in peace, John Lennon.

Okay different subject.  So the other day I talked about how I was having a hard time putting down The GL&PPPS.  Well, it got kind of depressing.  Some woman who feels the way I do about domestic animals just had to write a letter to Juliet telling of the horrendous things that went on as a result of the abandonment of thousands of family pets during the German Occupation.  I'm afraid to pick it back up.

Feeling the way I do about domestic animals is a crippling love.  I feel so powerless to all of the evil that these animals are subject to, without defense.  They depend on humans solely, and to let them down is deplorable.

I want to rescue them all and see them to homes deserving of their undying devotion, but I know this is impossible.  It's impossible in part because there are only a small handful of homes that fit this description on this earth.  The number of pets to the number of homes that deserve the love of those pets is a Dolly Parton fraction, and their lives at these otherwise loving homes would be unpleasant as a result.  It leaves me with an incurable, sickening sadness that there's nothing that I can do.

I love my pets more than I possibly can, hoping that somehow, some sort of supernatural phenomenon will occur where, as I love and play with Seamus, and if I concentrate my effort and my intentions enough, all other neglected and mistreated dogs will feel inexplicably loved and attended to, too.  This feels more possible than the former impossible feat, and the only way I can manage to face this reality is to believe that it works that way with the telekinetic love thing.

Telekinetic Love Thing.  Good band name.



I had to add a picture of my rescue, since I was on the subject.  Isn't he wonderful?

Depressing subject!  So, let's talk about something else.

I got boots today!  They're brown and tall and simple and exactly the right balance between casual and dressy.  These boots are a big deal because I don't have any real boots, and I've waited for three years to get myself some.  They were on sale at Shoe Station, and then we had a coupon.  There's nothing better than that, is there?

Um... What else?  We got peppermint holiday coffee creamer to put in holiday coffee!  OR to put in hot chocolate so that then we have hot mint chocolate!  How incredible is that?

There are 17 days til Christmas, and this year I'm only buying for my parents and three sweet little boys.  Two nephews and a . . . cousin's baby.  How does that work?  When a first cousin has a baby, what is that baby in relation to me?  What about to any future children that I may have?  It wouldn't be so simple as them being second or third cousins, would it?  Why is the cousin thing so complicated?

I guess I've run out of happy things to keep me distracted from the sad thing.  Heeeyyy.  I said I wasn't going to post sad things to this blog.  Or maybe I said I wouldn't post angry or grouchy things.  I'm not grouchy, so it's okay.  Anyway, I think now would be a good time to trudge along with Guernsey until I get over the high offense of drawing my attention to the irrecoverably sad.

Buh-bye! <-- Remember that, from middle school?

1 comment:

  1. I have left Raskolnikov in the middle of committing murder and I've left him like that for about a day and a half. If I don't pick the book back up, will it change what happens?

    ReplyDelete