Guess what! Pretty soon many of my blogs will be about my new Kindle and all of the amazing books I'm reading on it!
They will also be about playing on the Wii, which was last year's Christmas gift, because while it's not the toughest workout around, it is the most fun and it's much better than not doing anything at all! Plus, my posture is atrocious, as it so often tells me, condescendingly.
It also may mention how much I hate the task of un-decorating. That's okay, though. This year, we hardly decorated and it's been kind of nice! We have our tree up, our Nativity scene out, our stockings hanging from each end of the curtain rod, and a couple of other decorative knickknacks.
We finally got our plans worked out. Tonight, I'll go to my parents' house and help my mom cook and prepare. And maybe have a little "cheer." And listen to music. Tomorrow, I'll mostly work on cleaning my house. I'll drop into my Grandmother's party for a bit, but since we live next door, I may also bake Tollhouse. Then, at 3:30 is the Christmas Eve Service at Fairhope United Methodist!
We're changing it up a little this year with our traditions. The six of us (being, Mama, Daddy, Alex, Elizabeth, Marcus and myself) are going to do our Christmas on Christmas Eve this year. We concluded that it made it as fair as possible for us to have enough time to spend a good bit of Christmas with Marcus's family. Last year they got the tiniest wedge of our time, which isn't right.
On Christmas morning, Marcus will sleep in, (because Lord knows, he needs to!) and I'll get up and work on getting ready and cooking and whatnot. Lunch is at Papa's house with my EXTRA SPECIAL, AMAZING, FABULOUS, BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED, INTELLIGENT family at or around 11:00 (with my family, you never know! 11:00 may mean 1:00, or 1:30. . . )
Anyway, after lunch and coffee and relaxing and visiting with my family, we'll head over to have the rest of Christmas with Marcus's family. The forecast calls for a tiny chance of snow, which means that mostly it'll be disgusting, wet, slippery rain. I'm glad we're at least staying local!
I'm guessing that I won't blog again until the day after Christmas, because the madness and mayhem begins this evening at 6:30, but you never know. Just in case, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment