Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

First

I'd be willing to bet that most people's first-ever blog posts will be about the same thing:  the goal to begin writing more consistently.  It makes me feel a little unoriginal, but I never really thought I was overly original to begin with.  I do pretty well with resolutions.  I resolved at the beginning of the year to quit using facebook so often, and I really did, looking back on it.

Upon receipt of my Kindle for Christmas, I'll begin resolution numero dos:  to read a classic novel for every non-classic novel or re-read of a novel for an entire year (to start).  For example, if I read Harry Potter, I'll also read Wuthering Heights.  Actually, that's not a good example because I've read Wuthering Heights before, but you get the gist, I think.  You're smart.  I may or may not have procured a spreadsheet to record my readings from my equally turned-on-by-spreadsheets mother.

I was reluctant to begin a blog when I really have nothing of consequence to say.  However, I've found plenty of blogs that I thoroughly enjoy reading that don't have a major purpose like travel, cooking, eating, eating while travelling, ... I can't think of any other purpose for a blog.  Anyway, I figure that if I care enough to read about silliness going on in the lives of other people, maybe other people will care about my silliness, too.  I'll try not to be too depressing or angry on here.  I'll save that for my emails. ;-)  Aren't you excited?

1 comment:

  1. Your blog has earned first place on by favorites bar! :-)

    ReplyDelete