Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sitcom Dream

Let's talk about my dream, shall we?

First, some explanation:  I was on the phone with my friend last night.  I shared some hormonal information that I won't share on here that made her think that I needed to take an at-home pregnancy test, JUST to be sure.  Rationally, I know that there is really no need for me to take one, but of course there's always that iota of doubt that throws all rationality to the wayside.  I'm pretty sure all of my pregnancy tests that I bought during a bright moment that I thought, "You don't want to have to run out to the store for one of these when you need one!" are expired.  I resolved to worry about it later since it was about 1 o'clock in the morning, and just go to bed.

Onto the dream:

I was in some sort of convention center for some very unorganized reason.  I decided that the time was right for me to take my at-home pregnancy test based on my conversation with my friend.  I found "my" pregnancy test and had the foresight to check the expiration date.  Of course, it expired back in 2008, but luckily, the gum that came with the stick was still good.  It was some sort of activator gum that was supposed to encourage your body to be in its true state--pregnant or not-pregnant--to discourage any false positives or negatives. (Brilliant idea, huh?)  I started chewing the gum.

In the hallway, some girl said, "I'm going to Walgreen's, do you need anything?" and I told her that yes, as a matter of fact, I needed an at-home pregnancy test.  She went and got one and brought it back to me.  Marcus was there and he was trying to help me find a location to take it.

I was having trouble, though, finding a suitable location.  I tried to take it out in public and a filthy community restroom that had no acceptable stall door and someone pooping in the next stall.  The more unsuitable locations we tried, the more I started to get really upset.

I ran into some girls that I know, during the "let's try and take the test while sitting in a classroom chair" attempt, and they questioned what I was doing, seeing my weird and compromising position of hovering over a plastic chair with my pants around my ankles and Marcus helping me hold my purse and the pregnancy test.  I blew up at them and screamed and yelled and stalked off.  Only my stalking-off attempt was completely unsuccessful because there was no exit in one direction, and then I had to cross the room again and stalk off in another.  All the while, I could hear someones stupid car alarm going off, and it was incredibly irritating.

I realized at some point that it wasn't someones stupid car alarm, but my alarm clock.  I was lying on both of my arms, and my head was buried in the covers.  When I realized what it was, I found that it was difficult to move because both arms were completely asleep, and it was 45 minutes since the last time I had hit snooze!

What I find so bizarre is that I hardly ever have a dream about something disturbing that happened in real life as immediately as the following night's sleep.  Seems like that sort of thing only happens on 90's sitcoms with pink or white haze around the entire scene and cuts back to the dreamer tossing his head back and forth, finally sitting straight up and yelling, "NO-O-O-O!!"

What is nice about the dream is that, no matter how insane the location of my urge to take a pregnancy test was, Marcus was there protecting me and holding my purse and making sure I wasn't alone.  Whatta guy!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Sounds like quite an experience... albeit a subconscious one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the occasional dream where I'm having to use the bathroom in an inappropriate setting. I wonder what that means. Did you pull up your pants before you stalked off? That makes for a very different mental picture if you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I must have pulled my pants up prior to the stalking, because I don't recall any difficulty physically stalking.

    ReplyDelete